Richardson Adventure Farm in Spring Grove, Illinois is a family-friendly farm that offers a variety of activities for kids of all ages! From the world’s largest corn maze to pig races to a petting zoo, there’s something for everyone in your family at Richardson Adventure Farm.
Richardson Adventure Farm is located about an hour from Rockford, Illinois, and one hour and 45 minutes from Madison, Wisconsin. The Adventure Farm operates during the fall season from September 9 through October 29, 2023. They are open on Thursdays through Sundays each week with late night hours on Fridays and Saturdays.
Richardson Adventure Farm is a popular destination during the Fall. It’s a good idea to purchase tickets online in advance to avoid long lines. You can also buy tickets at the gate. Admission ranges from $20 – 30 per person, depending on age and what day you visit. Kids ages 2 and under are always free. View a pricing schedule for the farm here. Almost all of the attractions at Richardson Adventure Farm are included in the price of admission.
Here are a few of the most popular activities for kids at Richardson Adventure Farm:
- Corn maze. Richardson Adventure Farm is home to the world’s largest corn maze which spans more than 28 acres! The maze is constructed of four smaller mazes that can each take between 20 minutes – 2 hours to walk through. The maze is designed each year with a different theme. This year, the theme is Jurassic Park to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original movie! There is a very cute photo opportunity at the entrance of the maze with a Jeep and an animatronic dinosaur.
- Pumpkin patch. There is a large pumpkin patch where you can pick your own pumpkins. A free wagon ride will take you out to the pumpkin patch and back. If you don’t want to pick your own pumpkin, there are also a variety of pre-picked pumpkins for sale near the Gift Shop.
- Petting zoo. There is a petting zoo where kids can interact with a variety of animals, including goats, sheep, pigs, and chickens. There are signs outside the animal pens with facts and trivia about the animals.
- Pig races. Richardson Adventure Farm hosts live pig races on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The pig races are a lot of fun for kids of all ages. If you go late in October, you’ll see some big pigs racing! After the races, kids can pet the pigs as they graze.
- Jumping pillows. There are several large jumping pillows where kids can jump and play. There’s also a cute inflatable Jack O’Lantern for kids to jump on.
- Play area. There’s a kids’ play area with slides, swings, a spider’s web, tricycles to ride on a track, and photo opportunities for seeing how much your kid has grown since last year.
- Train ride. Families can take a short train ride around the farm and through a tunnel. The train frequently blows its whistle as it travels around the farm.
- Carousel. Families can ride on a carousel horse or bench. This is a great activity for when the kids want a break from running around.
- Corn bin. The kids’ play area has a large corn bin where kids can burrow, dig, and play in a massive container of dried corn kernels.
In addition to these activities, Richardson Adventure Farm also offers a variety of paid attractions, including a zip line, trampoline, apple cannons, and a giant Zorb where a person can be strapped in and rolled down a hill.
There are also food vendors on the farm so you don’t have to pack your own lunch! We had some delicious Margherita pizza and Lemon Shake-Ups on our last visit. There are also hot apple cider donuts for sale and drinks including alcoholic beverages for adults.
Richardson Adventure Farm is a great place to spend a day with your kids. There’s something for everyone at the farm and you’re sure to create lasting memories.
Here are a few tips for making the most of your trip to Richardson Adventure Farm with your kids:
- Arrive early. This will give you time to explore the farm and all of its activities before the crowds get too big. It’s easy to spend 3-4 hours doing all the activities at the farm. Plan to spend most of the day here!
- Bring a stroller or wagon if you have toddlers or babies. Richardson Adventure Farm is a big place, and you’ll be doing a lot of walking. If you have young children, it’s a good idea to bring a stroller or wagon so your kids can take a walking break or a short nap.
- Bring water bottles. There are many activities to do that work up a thirst so bring water bottles for your kids.
- Have fun! Richardson Adventure Farm is a great place to spend a day with your family!