For some Stateline families, food shortage can be an issue when school is not in session. Our local school districts are working to make sure that no child goes hungry while school is closed. Here’s where your child can get breakfast and lunch during the shutdown.
School District of Beloit
The School District of Beloit will provide a FREE sack lunch and breakfast for all kids 1 – 18 Monday through Friday starting March 16 – April 3. Children must be present to receive a meal. Meals for students with allergies and modifications will be available.
Meals will be distributed in a grab and go manner from 11 am – 1 pm at:
- Beloit Memorial Field House
Belvidere school district will provide sack lunches from 9 to 11 am at the following locations:
- Belvidere High School
- Belvidere North High School
- Caledonia Elementary School
- Perry Elementary School
- Washington Academy
For the duration of the school closure, including spring break, the Harlem School District will provide 2 grab-and-go meals on Monday. Each child, 18 and under, living in the Harlem School District are included in the food program. Meals are available at the scheduled locations as follows:
- 9 am – 1 pm at Harlem Middle School
The Kinnikinnick District will provide a FREE sack breakfast and lunch for all children under the age of 18 in your home. These are free regardless of your income status.
They have set up a drive-thru pick up service. Allergy modified meals are available. The child must be present during the pick-up and you will be asked their names. Meals will be delivered to your car.
Pick up locations for the week of March 30 – April 3
- 9 am – 10:30 am: Mon – Friday at the Roscoe Middle School parking lot, by the gym doors on the side of the building
- 9 am – 10:30 am: Mon – Friday in the Chicory Ridge Subdivision. They will be set up off of Applemint Lane in the Chicory Ridge Park. There will be a school bus there where they will hand out meals.
- 9 am- 10:30 am: Mon – Friday at the Robert J. Cross (FKA Hawes Park). There will be a school bus handing out meals.
- 10:45 am: Mon – Friday at The Gardens of Prairie Rose. They will circle Prairie Drive and end at Baneberry, stopping for anyone outside.
If for some reason you are in need of meals and CANNOT make it to any of the pickup locations, please send an email to Jamie (email@example.com) to work out another delivery option.
North Boone District
Pick up lunches Monday through Friday from these locations:
- Capron Elementary from 12 – 1 pm
- Poplar Grove Elementary School from 12 pm – 1 pm
North Boone will also deliver bagged lunches to the following locations:
- Capron Mobile Park Home from 11 – 11:30 am
- Oak Lawn Estates in Poplar Grove by the mailboxes from 12 – 12:30 pm
- Candlewick Front Gates from 12:45 pm – 1:15 pm
If you can’t make these times or locations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rockford District 205
The RPS 205 Nutrition Services team will provide meals to students from 9-10:15 a.m. starting Wednesday, March 25, Monday through Friday. Meals will be available at six locations.
• East High School, 2929 Charles St.
• Flinn Middle School, 2525 Ohio Parkway
• Guilford High School, 5620 Spring Creek Road
• Kennedy Middle School, 520 Pierpont Ave.
• Two-Way Language Immersion at Barbour, 1506 Clover Ave.
• Conklin Elementary School, 3003 Halsted Road
Rock River Valley YMCA
The Rock River Valley YMCA will be handing out meals at the following times and locations.
11 – 11:40 am SwedishAmerican Riverfront YMCA
12 – 12:40 pm Northwest Community Center
1 – 1:40 pm Salvation Army on Kilburn
1:20 – 1:40 pm The Grove @ New Towne
1:50 – 2:10 pm Mulford Park Apartments
2 pm – 2:40 pm Ken-Rock Community Center
2:30 – 2:50 pm Orton Keys
3 – 3:20 pm Blackhawk
3:30 – 3:50 pm Fairgrounds
The Fatherhood Encouragement Project
The Fatherhood Encouragement Project has meals available. Contact them at email@example.com or 779-548-5044.
Miss Carly’s has sack lunch available 24/7 at 1125 5th Avenue in Rockford.
Rockford Rescue Mission
The Rockford Rescue Mission has sack meals available for pick up at 7 am,. 11:30 – 12 pm, and 5 pm at 715 W. State Street in Rockford.