Lots of swings, several climbing structures, and a sandpit with diggers provide fun for kids of all ages.
Address: 5444 Swanson Road, Roscoe, IL
Description: Swanson Park has several imaginative play features for younger kids, lots of swings, and climbing structures for older kids.
Best for ages: 3-12
- 20 ft. multi-story structure with a tunnel, stairs, climbing entrances, and three slides
- Sandpit with two diggers and a half-sphere metal climbing gym
- Several climbing structures including a rock climbing wall with rope climb
- Swing set with six regular size swings and two baby swings
- Two-way speakers to talk to someone in another part of the playground
- Monkey bars
- Fire engine with seats
- Plastic food counter with cash register under the play structure
- Bench inside the playground
- Nearby garbage can
Sun protection: Direct sunlight with almost no shaded areas
Parking: Large gravel parking lot (50 spots)
Playground structure materials: Plastic and metal
Ground/surface materials: Sand in one area, wood chips everywhere else
Fenced in? N
Slides? Y, three slides – two large slides and one small slide
Swings? Y, eight swings – six regular size, two baby swings
Picnic tables, benches or other seating? Y, one bench
Walking path, sidewalk or bike path? N, gravel/dirt path to the playground
Stroller accessibility? Y, but you’ll need to push the stroller through grass, gravel, and sand
Bathrooms? Y, PortaJohn
Drinking fountain? N
Food and drink nearby? Y, concession stand open during baseball games
What makes it special or worth visiting?
Swanson Park is a small playground with a lot to offer. There are many climbing structures that would keep older kids busy while younger kids could use the imaginative play structures and sand pit. The sand pit and diggers are a unique feature that you don’t see in many playgrounds.
If you go, you may want to bring:
- Sunscreen and hats – Most of the playground is in direct sun
- Foldable chairs – There’s only one bench in the playground