Do your kids have too many toys? Looking for some other gift options for your kids this Christmas season? You can’t go wrong with a Rockford area experience gift! These gifts make lifelong memories for your family and keep clutter out of your house. It’s a win-win!
Here are eleven Rockford area experience Christmas gift ideas for kids.
1. Discovery Center Museum family membership. Membership starts at $90 per family and includes reciprocal admission to Madison Children’s Museum, Discovery World in Milwaukee and hundreds of other museums around the world. More on the Discovery Center here.
2. Music Together classes will bring the joy of music to babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. Winter classes start in January. Ten week sessions are $162.
3. Tickets to the Harlem Globetrotters game at BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford on December 29th at 4 pm. Harlem Globetrotter games are entertaining and family-friendly.
4. Swimming lessons at Dolphin Swim Club for kids four months old and up. Give your kids the gift of learning how to swim. Tuition starts at $50 per month.
5. Tinkergarten classes get your toddlers, preschoolers, and young kids outdoors and into nature – rain or shine! Winter session starts January 25, 2020. Sessions are $105 per child.
6. Tickets to PJ Masks Live tickets at the Coronado on January 23, 2020 at 6 pm. Your kids will love watching Cat Boy, Gecko and Owlette save the day in the historic theater.
7. Rockford Rivets tickets to a 2020 game. Get 5 tickets and 5 hotdogs for $25. Rockford Rivets offers theme nights throughout the summer and fireworks shows after some games.
8. Rockford IceHog tickets to watch a game in the BMO Harris Bank Center. Tickets start at $11 per person, there are theme nights and games continue into April 2020.
9. Sapora Playworld membership or play pass. Get a year of playing for $60 per kid or a ten punch pass for $40. Sapora has indoor play equipment for kids 0-5 and 5-12. More about Sapora Playworld here.
10. Sand Park Pool season passes. Sand Park Pool will reopen in summer 2020. Pool passes are $45 per person, $15 per kid 0-3 years old.
11. Public ice skating pass at Carlson Ice Arena. The pass is good for the entire year and is $99 per person. You can also buy at 10 punch pass for $50.
Two Bonus Ideas:
Exploring Chicagoland attractions
If you head into the city or Chicagoland suburbs often, a POGO Pass would be a great experience gift for your family! Passes are $34.98 each. The POGO Pass offers free entry into Chicagoland attractions such as Legoland! More information about Pogo Pass here.
Indoor Waterpark Getaway in Gurnee or Wisconsin Dells
If you’d like to get out of town, there are some great deals on indoor waterpark getaways. Take a family getaway to Great Wolf Lodge in Gurnee starting at $89 per night! The stay includes waterpark passes.
Or get a day pass to Kalahari’s waterpark and adventure park for $49 per person.
Or stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells for $88 per night.
This post includes affiliate links.