Located on the beautiful Rock River, Turtle Island playground offers imaginative fun for kids of all ages.
Address: 1200 S Riverside Drive, Beloit, WI
Turtle Island Playground is great for children aged two through twelve. There are six different play areas where kids can explore and imagine: a dinosaur dig sand pit, climbing log, lookout tower, shipwreck climbing structure, traditional wooden playground and a shallow man-made creek. Turtle Island Playground offers hours of fun for kids of all ages.
Best for ages: 1-12
- Large sand pit with buried dinosaur bones
- Rock climbing structure and rope climb
- ~10 foot tall lookout tower with ladder
- Man-made wading creek with rocks to climb or sit on
- Giant climbing log
- Traditional tall wooden playground with towers and one steep curved slide
- Several picnic tables and benches inside the playground
- PortaJohn, bathrooms and drinking fountain nearby
- Concession stand selling snacks, drinks and ice cream nearby
Sun protection: Direct sunlight with very few shaded areas
Parking: Large parking lot (50-100 spots)
Playground structure materials: Plastic, metal, and wood
Ground/surface materials: Sand in dino dig, rubber pellets in rock climbing area, astroturf on rock climb hill, and wood chips in the wooden playground
Fenced in? Y
Slides? Y, one steep curved slide
Picnic tables, benches or other seating? Y, picnic tables and benches
Walking path, sidewalk or bike path? Y, sidewalk throughout the playground, river path nearby
Stroller accessibility? Y
Bathrooms? Y, PortaJohn next to playground entrance, bathrooms with sinks in nearby Harry C. Moore pavilion
Drinking fountain? Y, lion-shaped drinking fountain with a faucet on the side
Food and drink nearby? Y, concession stand open during the summer
What makes it special or worth visiting?
Turtle Island Playground is a magical place for kids of all ages. The playground has views of the river and a lagoon where you can rent paddle boats. The water feature is great for younger kids while older ones will enjoy all of the climbing structures and imaginative play possibilities.
If you go, you may want to bring:
- Sunscreen and hats – Most of the playground is in direct sun
- Change of clothes
- A packed lunch – There are picnic tables in the playground and a pavilion nearby
Note: Paddle boats, kayaks, fishing poles tandem bikes can be rented at the Riverside Pavilion.
Operating hours are June – August: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm.
September: Saturday & Sunday only 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
4 person paddle boat: $8 per 1/2 hour • $12 per hour
2 person paddle boat: $5 per 1/2 hour • $8 per hour
1 person Kayak: $3 per 1/2 hour • $5 per hour
Tandem bikes (for two): $5 per 1/2 hour • $8 per hour
Fishing pole: $5 (daily rate).